Monday 10 November 2008

How was your Weekend?

You can see I'm making a concerted effort to hand over the camera to dh & kids & finally feature in some of my albums!! Summer is on it's way here & some days (when the wind isn't whipping up a tropical storm!) the weather is glorious! Over the next few months it's gonna start sweltering here. Heat like you have never experienced unless you've lived here (or Dubai), not nice, just boiling, sticky & humid, so we are enjoying the outdoors before it becomes unbearable...
Below, Chelsea & Cami looking glamorous after a recent haircut. Now that I have a handy camera aswell as a big SLR , I travel with the little one in my handbag at all times. This was taken STRAIGHT after a visit to the hairdresser (right outside on their verandah) before we even got into our car. That way they both looked perfectly groomed, like a styled studio shot, but W.A.Y. cheaper!!!




Here on the left is a quick pic I managed to take at the mall just after our movie time together. Two happy kids...we sat in the back row so there was lotsa singing and dancing from these two!

Well, mine was good thanks. It seemed to FLY by because I kept myself REALLY busy... It was one of those weekends where, instead of relaxing, (which is something I'm notoriously bad at!), I had plans for EVERY day & even managed to stick to most of them!

On Friday night I took my 2 wee ones to Gateway (big mall) to watch High School Musical 3. Believe me, it was a labour of love as it's possibly one of THE lamest movies I have EVER watched. Needless to say, my 8 & 10 year olds LOVED it!! I did enjoy the popcorn & Whispers tho', definitely the highlight! When we came home I enjoyed a delicious Thai beef wrap that my dh had prepared for me, aaw, ain't he sweet?!

Saturday morning I spent blogging away to my heart's content as I had loadsa catchin' up to do & I FINALLY managed to take, download & post some LO's but, boy, did it take forever...Don't know if it's my computer that's the problem or if Blogger is just S.L.O.W. If any of you experienced Bloggers out there know the answer, PLEASE let me know!!! I seem to only be able to post ONE PHOTO AT A TIME & it takes a fair bit of time to appear. Maybe it's just me being dumb again...

Saturday afternoon I took my Sweetie to a Hippie party & she had a lovely time. There were 4 kitties there & she was more interested in them than the 'going's on' from the sounds of things...She enjoyed the 'dress-up' aspect for a change...Must be becoming more confident now she is 8.5 years old. I decided to stay out at the nearby mall (La Lucia) although I can't stand the place (L.O.N.G. story) as I was having magazine withdrawal symptoms. Managed to find a Scrapbooking Memories (Australian) & a "Reveal" (lotsa good UK gossip...) Found some lovely Polka Dot ribbon at Woollies. Half the price it would be at a Scrapbook Store so got one of each roll. White on white...classy...and pink on brown...my 2 fave colours...nyum...You can find it at the till with all the wrapping-paper & gift bags.

Also got some pre-cut photo-paper, which I like to keep a little stash of. For all you RSA scrappers, I have used this paper before & it is F.A.B. Even better, it is C.H.E.A.P (by that I mean inexpensive!) R50 gets you 50 sheets of 5 x 7" paper, 260gsm, Satin, Waterproof, Resin Coated. Brand is "Premium", in a RED BOX at CNA. Grab it while you can girls...It's kinda matt with a woven, slightly-textured look & prints like a dream...Also got 2 more luminous yellow (why not?!!!) folder files & am getting TOO organised...It's amazing, I can actually FIND things now...

Came home to find that dh had moved 'my' computer to it's new home, at the end of the passage, right outside my bedroom door. It looks SO good & I have converted this end into my little office nook & am luvin' it. My dear teenage daughter is also in her element now that I am no longer invading her space (pc used to be in her bedroom)...

Oops, forgot...ALSO got (gee, I'm sounding greedy...) "The Kodak Most Basic Book of Digital Printing" for only R30!! I'm wanting to sort all my images into organised files on my pc & am hoping that I will learn some good tips...love reading so sure I will learn something new. So had a good little shop in peace (no kiddies...) & successfully managed to pass up a R15.50 cappucino...that's a metre of scrapbooking ribbon y'know!

Came home & cooked us all some Cancun chicken chompers, which looked delicious, but proved too 'hot' for the kids to eat, which I found infuriating! Why does everything ready-prepared have to contain chilli? Shane & I managed to chomp through ours with noses streaming, sipping milk in between...ridiculous! Anyway, reckon chillis are a stimulant 'cos suddenly got the urge to tidy all the scullery cupboards...3 hours later...strange!!!

Sunday morning - off I went to collect my big girl from her best mate's house - & off we went to Wimpy for coffee ( I have discovered their "Mega Coffee", in a giant cup, not cappuccino but milky & delicious with a slight froth somehow), for only R12.45 so learnin' to luv it...! Had to buy a birthday present (a day late!) for the party the day before (see why I'm no super-mum?!) & flea medicine for my beautiful feline...

Came home only to start TIDYING again (anyone would think I was pregnant!!)...definitely N.O.T! but it's been a long time coming & I couldn't bear it any longer...So sorted out ALL our hall drawers & managed to clear 5 of them for my Scrap-Stash. Desperately trying to create more S.P.A.C.E...One thing led to another & before I knew it The Zone (a.k.a my Scraproom) was under attack at long last...3 hours later...looking G.O.O.D...okay, well, at least B.E.T.T.E.R! NEED MORE STORAGE!!! That's the bottom line. Would put everything away WHERE IT LIVED if only it had a home. Oh, how I envy Becky Higgins...Forget a walk-in wardrobe, just give me custom-made cupboards for my Scraproom, please!

Caught the early show on our 'date night' & watched Nights in Rodanthe with Diane Lane & Richard Gere. Too beautiful...a touching love story but only really for over 40's (Life experience needed). Nipped into 'Home etc' before the movie, to get 6 more plastic storage boxes for my stash, plus 2 wooden mini-crates to store all my sheets of rub-ons, alphas, etc, so they are easily accessible on my desk top. Got stuck in again when we got home...6 hours later...(got to bed at 3a.m!)...Scrap room looking G.O.O.D...well, better...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I feel worn out after hearing you did all that in a weekend. We had a nothing one except for an awards ceremony for my daughter for Guides and this weekend is looking like the same - nothing. Its also a long one for us because of the A&P show.

Anonymous said...

You've been busy... nice to get so organised... helps the scrapping too. Now, when you're done with your house... you're welcome to take a trip up to Jhb and come and do mine... hehehehe.

Re uploading photos... yip I think some of it is blogger.. I also struggle some days but do manage to upload 5 pics at one (don't forget to click on the "add another image" after each "browse".

Sophia said...

Hi Helen...

As for your images taking forever on blogger, might be cause you are uplaoding BIG files. Do this...

Download this link and install the IMAGERESIZER tool, it is on the right hand side towards the bottom.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Once it is installed and you right cick on any image on your PC go to the RESIZE option and resize it large and VOILA it should work...