Sunday 14 December 2008

An award from Vicki - Thank You!



I had little idea of what a blog was when I started mine a coupla months ago. I had absolutely NO idea about the social networking aspect of it at all. Then slowly I began receiving the odd comment here & there. Somehow I had been discovered! I started to understand how the blog branches worked & began investigating other blogs, literally from the starting point of almost nothing.

I used to read (& still do if I have a chance) a blog called Life in Linfield & it was there that I first saw a "Blogroll" & clicked on some names on Andrea's lists of "Blogs I Follow", & so began my "Long walk to Freedom"...Vicki already knows what a blog lover I am! Having seen the exponential effect of my exploratory delving I am unstoppable! I can stay up ALL night & have done so on A NUMBER of occassions, although I'm not allowing myself to do that anymore! (Too exhausting,lol!) I've relaxed a bit & accepted that you will all still be out there when I next log on. So THANKS to Vicki, who has been a wonderful & encouraging Blog Buddy to me since the beginning...

Having met so many like-minded people through blogging has been a fantastic spin-off & a complete bonus to my Blog life. I love reading other people's blogs, the more honest & real the better, & I love to share my work with others too, as I find everybody's contributions say something to me. In fact, I am such a BLOGGER now that I can't live without my weekly (at least!) fix from all of you. So THANKS! Thanks to Vicki, who I can see will be a life-long friend, & thanks to all of you too, for what you have added to my life. You have enriched me & fed my soul.

My award came with these rules:


1. The winner may put the logo on their blog.
2. Put a link to the person who sent you the award.
3. Nominate 5 blogs.
4. Provide links to their blogs.
5. Leave a message for your nominees.

My 5 nominees, in no particular order, are :-

1. Heidi - she sure can tell a funny story...check out her blog for some good reading & hearty laughs!

2. Joanne - this girl is downright hilarious...check out her blog for some hysterical tales & to give her a morale boost while she's away from her loved ones over Christmas.

3. Mel - takes me back to a few years ago when my home was also full of little kids...she's funny & clever & I love hearing what she has to say.

4. Katherine - shows me life from another perspective & is witty to boot! She's currently away on holiday so I hope this will be a nice surprise for her when she gets back...

5. Cathy - you can count on her to have something to say almost every day, although she's been a bit sporadic of late, what with elbow injuries & Christmas preparations, I'll let her off! ;-D

All peeps above are scrappers but also love to blog, not just show off their creations, like some. It's much more entertaining when scrapping/lifestyle blogging go hand-in-hand & you get to learn a bit about the scrapper behind the scrapping. So go give these girls some support & take a look at their blogs. You'll come out richer on the other side! ;-D

5 comments:

Jo said...

Hi you are a sweetie. Thanks for the award, now tell did you find Vicki through me? Cos I think I found you through Andrea or vice versa.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I found your blog via Joanne! I am also a novice blogger - started my blog in April to create an online diary of our immigration from the UK to SA! I am totally hooked! I am also a novice scrap booker - but my stuff isn't worthy of being uploaded to my blog! As I said, I am a novice! My life is also crazy, hectic with 3 nippers under 5 yrs! So - scrapbooking is forced to take a back seat! Any hoo - I'm rambling now - but I'm glad I found your blog, and will be stopping by regularly! Kirsty x

Vicki said...

LOVE the social networking of blogging - now have friends all round the world. I couldn't tell you how I "found" who from where though! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi there
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
I love your Christmas daily album - very cool.

Anonymous said...

thankyou for the award and the kind words too ... I am not away ... just really busy, with limited scrapping/blogging time ... not fair really!!