Wednesday 21 January 2009

16 Things about me right now.

I found this on Ali Edwards' blog & thought I would give it a whirl.

This is the 2nd time this week that I have copied something (from someone's blog) & pasted it into Word, then made my changes & saved it. Then opened up a new post on my blog, pasted it in & tried to publish it, only to be told that my HTML cannot be accepted. If anyone can tell me where I am going wrong I will be most grateful. I have had to print out the document & am now going to copy type it out...devotion for you!

1. I have been on a diet for 3 weeks today. So far I have lost 5kgs. It hasn't been as bad as I expected. In fact I have actually enjoyed it. I feel tons better & less tired & achey (medical reasons for that last one) & haven't had heartburn once. (suspect that may have been from bread).

2. Today the kids went back to school. Fortunately they were all excited to go, even the two that went to new schools. Thank God for that.

3. These days I spend what little spare time I have blogging & am wondering whether there is any point buying any new magazines, as I never have time to read them. If I do, it's late at night & I can't find them (my daughter is a magazine thief).

4. I realised today that I have stopped noticing the sea. As we live a few kilometres from it & have views of it almost everywhere we go it's hard to miss. I think this means that I have finally settled in & become a Durbanite after 3 (long) years.

5. I've finally tired of "Human" by the Killers. It started playing on the radio today & I turned it off. A sad day...

6. I saw a massive fire in town today & my first thought was "I bet someone started that on purpose." I hate the way Africa has turned me into a cynic.

7. I realised today that I am still witing for my January issue of Scrapbooking Inspirations (from the UK). I have been so busy e mailing Creating Keepsakes in America - I'm talking DOZENS of e mails - that I forgot about Scrapbooking Inspirations. I have not received my last 2 issues of Creating Keepsakes & no-one can give me an answer as to whether my issues were ever actually sent. Now it looks like my subscription with Scrapbooking Inspirations is going haywire too. Hate the way the rest of the world puts Africa at the bottom of their priority list.

8. I wish I could travel more. After seeing Donna Downey's latest adventures I realised that people with kids still manage to go away alone (somehow). Sadly I can't see it happening for us until the kids leave home as we have no relatives living close by.

9. I can live without Chuckles. I haven't had one in 3 weeks & will probably always miss them, but realise our relationship has no future ;-(

10. I actually LOVE fruit & veggies, just not the time it takes to prepare them for eating. Now that I am into the chopping habit I've been reminded of how downright delicious they can be.

11. Age has mellowed me out SO much I wouldn't have believed it possible. Right now we are in the middle of a family saga & I am spending very little time worrying about it (after the initial drama of course).

12. I wish I had time to watch more TV. I've just NEVER got into the habit of vegging out for hours in front of a TV screen & think it could benefit me just to relax & enjoy the diversion.

13. I love the night because it's as quiet as my life is going to get at this stage. We live on a busy road so it's never totally silent for long but I think I stay up as late as I do because it's the only time I get to hear myself think...

14. I'm coping so much better with the extreme heat & humidity than I have done in the last 2 years, which just goes to show that one can adapt to anything eventually. After my first summer here I actually dreaded the next one coming but this time I welcomed it & have become a sarong lover to boot!

15. I haven't eaten a sweet or chocolate in 3 weeks & haven't had a serious craving. This proves that it's all about keeping your blood sugar levels stable. It feels good to have control over my appetite rather than the other way around.

16. I miss gardening. I still do the basics but there's no point planning & implementing improvements when it's not your own home.

Seems like a pretty arbitary list to me, but I'm sure it will be interesting to read in years to come. Could also make for great journalling on a double layout with appropriate photos.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've just read your latest post....I wondered why you wanted to watch TV last night!!! Usually you would have switched it off as you do (given half a chance!!). You did a splendid job covering all those books for Cami, well done!! Your commitment as ever is unquestionable!! Lots of love, your husband (dear husband)...xx

Jenny said...

WTG you on losing weight! I hear you on getting used to the climate - it took me years before I got used to the Wellington (NZ) climate

Desire Fourie said...

Wow, 5kg's in 3 weeks. Thats fantastic. What diet is this, I might just also give it a go. Good luck and hang in there, your new diet will soon become a lifestyle. Hugs from Desire

Anonymous said...

Wow you have lost 5kg bloody brilliant. Great idea even though its from Alis blog, I may do it. Why not try gardening in pots you can do a herb pot at least you can get your paws onto some soil.