Thursday 26 February 2009

Yay for Cocoa Daisy!

I am so excited! Between Sophia & I we have managed to get SIX people together (us plus 4) to join us on the Cocoa Daisy bandwagon! That means scrappy goodness making it's way across the world, starting soon...gone are the days of desperation & lack of inspiration. Out with the old & in with the new! And at a bargain of a price too...Aaah, what can happen with a group of local scrappy bloggers get together is a good thing.

Shows what you can do when the budgetting bug hits & you have to come up with ways to save! Thanks to everyone for committing & we will be in the pound seats soon, with the cream of the crop on our desks. I am beside myself. I want to jump up & down but our floorboards are not the best & there is a creepy underground zone in this house so I will restrain myself,LOL!

Things are not going too great this side to be honest. The whole world is in a recession so I suppose that is some comfort, but my poor other half is in the textile industry, & that is being very hard hit here at the moment. Major structural changes need to be made at his work place for things to just continue, forget about flourishing. Tomorrow is the big board meeting & I feel like he is being sent to the gallows, so goodness knows how he must be feeling.

Finding a job in South Africa is like finding a needle in a haystack, so we are all praying furtively that we will not find ourselves in that predicament. Even if we do not, it's going to get tougher & we are going to have to pull out all stops to keep afloat, so the thought of a monthly kit arriving at such a good price is just like a precious gift to me. I'm going to save a stack of money & get better stuff!!! Hee, hee, hee!!!

I am also working on a little project to make me just a scrappit of pocket money so we don't have to give up our once a week date night ;-) I am making the sweetest little 2-tone crochet flowers, which I want to package & sell in sets of 6 as scrapbooking embellishments. At the moment I am organizing the samples in all the different colourways, then want to do a little marketing locally & see if there is any interest. I never count my chicken's before they hatch, but, if they don't sell at least I will have half a dozen flowers in each colourway to add to my layouts.

I am into new-takes on flowers as I am tired of my old Prima stash so these are just the ticket. Will post some photos on my blog only once they are all organized. I am off to Joeys for a wedding sometime next month so am hoping to see a couple of peeps about them there too. ;-)

9 comments:

Monique Liedtke said...

Just checked out the Cocoa Daisy website; looks very good indeed!!! I fully understand your happiness! And about your husband's job: I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him (and the rest of the family of course); good luck tomorrow!

Vicki said...

You never mentioned your flowers before - can't wait to see them.

Jessica said...

Well, I'm happy that you seem to have found a great deal, I'll be praying for your husband too, and way to go with the flowers! I can't wait to see them :)

Desire Fourie said...

Good luck with your crochet flowers. Can't wait to see some samples here. Have a great weekend. Hugs from Desire

Lynette Jacobs said...

You do sound excited! I just joined another kit club...so I had to pass on this. Already close to bankrupcy with this addiction of mine.

Sophia said...

It sure is going to be exciting..cannot wait.

Sorry about hubby, hope it all works out!!! Holding thumbs...

Anonymous said...

me! me! come see me! about the flowers, come see me!

Jenny said...

Looking forward to seeing your flowers and hope that things work out for the best for your hubby

Jo said...

Sorry to hear you are so down. I am thinking of you - a lot and I hope things pick up soon xoxo