Friday 17 April 2009

Busy scrapping...



This is where I'll be spending a good portion of my time this week & weekend. You should go check it out - their design team have some wonderful classes & challenges lined up - starting today & due in by Friday 24th - and the grand prize is very worthwhile. Remember, SA Scrappers, that Wednesday is a public holiday here and (after voting of course) you may find some time to do a layout or three...

I figured I'd give this a go. I've been scouting out forums lately because people tell me how addictive they are. Personally, I don't see the appeal as I like "doing my own thing" & have literally hundreds of layouts lined up, with photos already printed, so I don't need to be making Organiser folders & mini-albums at this stage. I'm hoping that the bug will bite though & that I'll get some regular 12 x 12 layouts done to fill up my albums, as it sure is a good way to motivate you & give you a deadline to work to.

There are 13 challenges going on & 4 classes and you can enter 3 layouts/cards/etc per selection so you could acheive 17 x 3 = 51 projects if you were Superwoman & had no life! ;-) Obviously though, it is all up to you & these talented ladies have worked very hard to prepare a sumptuous feast to share so I am going to give it a try & see if I enjoy it. One thing I know for sure is that I will end up with more layouts than if I didn't do it and that's a good thing!

The way it works, in a nutshell (I have just spent 2.5 hours there looking into ALL of it) is you do the work, post to their gallery (have never done this before so hope it is straightforward) then go into the "thread" (you'll see how to do this soon enough if you are inexperienced in forums, like me) & leave a link there to your layout. You need to upload everything one-by-one & then go into each thread to add your links - one per project. I'm figuring this could be pretty time-consuming so am not making any promises that you'll see dozens of my layouts in their gallery next weekend, but if you check back on me, hopefully something will be in there,lol!

Each layout you do gives you another entry into the Grand Prize Draw, which is randomly generated, so, basically, the more work you do (of any standard? it would seem...) gives you an extra chance. I suppose no-one wants to post "scrappy" (pardon the pun) scrappy work to an online forum tho'. So that's me covered there for a while ladies. I also have DT work due in that day & am still working on the dreaded crochet flowers. The first lot go on sale tomorrow, here in Durbs, at my friends scrappy Open Day (2 - 5 in the afternoon). Any locals wanting to attend need to e mail me & I will give you further details. Lots of stuff on sale tomorrow at excellent prices. Will try to click some photos of my flowers when I am photographing all the dozens (ha ha) of layouts I will be doing & get them on the blog someday soon.

Am thinking an Etsy shop may be the way to go with this but not sure if SA peeps have them...need to do some further investigating...some other interesting news...I may have myself a part-time job...can't say more than that at this stage but can tell you that it involves doing the 2 things I love most & if you don't know what those are by now you haven't been listening!

5 comments:

Vicki said...

Sounds a lot like the competition I just finished. Managed to do a whole heap of scrapping and loved it. Good luck to you. Go you on the job - definitely want to hear more about that.

Jenny said...

Good luck doing all those challenges, Helen. I see crocheted flowers all over for s/bing at the moment so I'm sure they'll sell well

jacki janse van rensburg said...

it seems to me that the biggest problem with the etsy shop, is that south africans cannot recieve payments though paypal. :-(

so, if you get the whole getting the money in your account thing figured out, please let me know.

good luck on the scrapping!

Jenny in Durbs said...

Hey that sounds great but hugely busy. would love to see some of your flowers but don't know your email address (not a good blogger I know) So please let me know. Good luck on the job & enjoy.

Jacqui said...

You go girl! If it wasn't a lucky draw you'd win handsdown. Enjoy