Tuesday 5 May 2009

Layouts 9 & 10 (Backporch Memories)

I really wanted to entitle this post "Blogger on the Blink" because I have spent the best part of an hour fiddling to try to post something really funny for you all, but it is doing all sorts of weird & wonderful things instead...

Will try again tomorrow when I have some new energy!

I have some good news that I will also post tomorrow, so I can get these last layouts out of the way.

I did actually post it and only then did I see that my link wasn't working so I would be interested to know if anyone who has me in their reader actually got that post, as I retrieved it & saved it to work on tomorrow again. Please let me know, because I never know how the readers/feeds work exactly - do they "pull" the post into the reader IMMEDIATELY it is published or only when you go into your reader. Know what I mean???

These layouts seem to be going on forever - even I'm sick of looking at them - so I'll be glad to see the back of them! I 'spose they're fresh to your eyes anyway...This was the last layout (of 13) that I did so it was a bit speedy. I love the 7 Gypsies background paper (from my March Cocoa Daisy kit) & I like the pink inking around the edge of the whole page. I think it pulls everything together. This was where I started my blogging life - in my daughters' bedroom - hence the pink lamp. I have since progressed to the end of the passage (!) as the poor girls couldn't take all my late night visits...


This fell under the "New Beginnings" category & both blue papers are offcuts from my March Cocoa Daisy kit. Title:- OUR PC Journalling:- This is where it all began - October 2008. I made friends with our pc at last!! We fell in love & soon after a blog was born ;-D I used some provo-craft printed masking tape, some L'il Davis printed ribbon & a Tres Jolie sticky strip, all with appropriate slogans on "Friends" - dramatic - radiant - clever - J'Adore (I adore you!) A tough of bling, some pleated ribbon & a cute little Chatterbox owl (to signify my late night visits!)

I distressed my mats & layered it all up in about half an hour. While it may not be breathtaking I love it because it is very meaningful to me.

This one fell under the "Make your own flowers" Category & I created the top flower out of skeleton leaves, available at local craft stores. The photo was gorgeous so I printed in 20 - 25cm & used a lovely double-sided Dream Street paper as my backing page. I called it "One December Day" because I am sick to death of all the standard titles, for example, Memories, Remember, etc, etc - you know the ones that come in pre-made chipboard form etc. I've nothing against them - I've used them all myself - several times each! But one can't go on...



Stickers are Basic Grey "Sultry". I like the overboard distressing on the matt (the same DS paper - reverse side - beautiful paper). I added the light lime bazzill to the right-hand-side to bring a bit of life "over there" to balance my flower cluster on the left. I also hand-cut some petals in the light lime bazzill and slipped them under the skeleton-leaves at the back, to give my flower a bit of a lift. I made the flower cluster out of KI Memories Lace Cardstock off-cuts, torn/inked "circles" 2 sizes of punched & inked flowers & some green plastic flowers (pretty gross which is why I've all but hidden them,lol!) 3 different brads - a glittery one, a bling one and a turquise one and some skeleton leaves underneath & that was my little bouquet done!

Hand-written journalling reads: "no particular reason, just two beautiful kids & one camera-happy mum!"



8 comments:

Sandra said...

Hi Helen :)

Your earlier failed post does show up on my Google Reader (but when I clicked on the link through to your blog Blogger said the post doesn't exist) so I was able to read your fantastic news there. So congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Vicki said...

Very nice particularly the one of the two kids together. Hadn't thought about using skeleton leaves as flowers.

topkatnz said...

another two great LOs ... no matter how much you protest!!LOL ... shhhhh, now; I can see you from here!!LOL ... GR doesn't do quite either of the things you suggest, it just periodically checks new posts on subscribed links, and thus that can show either soon after somebody posts or a bit later, and its all a timing thing. To get a better idea, check GR after you have posted, and wait and see how long it is before your new post 'shows' ...

jacki janse van rensburg said...

you mean the post about sa politics? it was in my reader.

and a link to a pdf won't work. you need to upload the document to a host, and then link to it. i don't know who is a good host, as i have a typepad blog, and we have built in hosts. maybe sophia will know?

Lynette Jacobs said...

Love the journaling on your bloggy start.
Your second layout is absolutely captivating!

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous layouts once again and so true to your lovely scrapping style. Just love your flower arrangements on the second layout. Hugs from Desire

Jacqui said...

Do we need any other reason to scrap? - beautiful children and camera happy moms......
makes for perfectly happy scrapping.

Michelle Ramsay said...

Lovely layouts and I especially like the one with your two children.