Thursday 5 November 2009

Just One More Day...



Until this happens! So super excited about it I can hardly sleep - talk about delirious with excitement. This girl is my kinda talented in this type of very cool way...and have you noticed how the "real artists" in this industry are also the nicest people??? Their work is as authentic as they are.

Our supplies list is pretty complex though so I spent an hour this afternoon at a local fabric supply store trying my best to improvise & find some suitable product to work with. The layout is fabric-based so I needed to buy fabric, trims & "mesh" {could only find that in black so am off to gesso it now then can paint it to match on Friday when I am "in session" LOL!} I love online classes, they are just the funnest. I am not one of those great participators that has nothing else to do but post endlessly in the forums, too much going on in my life for that, but I get my money's worth behind my scrappy desk that's for sure...

If you've missed the details for this class follow the link provided, for USD$5 how can you go wrong??? And with such a talent to guide you I think we can only learn good things on Friday! Just for fun I took NINE photos of my divine stash haul. It looked so yummy I could have just eaten it...I have a long history with fabric {taught myself to sew as a teenager then studied Fashion Design & worked in the industry for some time before starting a hand-printed textiles business} so FABRIC + SCRAPPING = HEAVEN ON EARTH FOR ME ;-D

Taking all these photos just had me wanting to start a local kit club...I reckon I could do quite well digging around discovering stash that could help us emulate the brands that are not available here, Prima, etc, with a little ingenuity. I also discovered these absolutely gorgeous & inexpensive face-cloths, packaged to the enth degree of cuteness, as desserts, cupcakes & swiss-rolls. I was with the kids who were getting decidedly restless so just bought a couple today, but I am definitely going back tomorrow to get some more for Christmas stockings & gifts for all the special women in my life. I just love these - talk about an original gift!



11 comments:

topkatnz said...

be fascinated to see what you come up with - you sure do sound excited, I hope you really enjoy it.
I'm sure I've seen that facecloth range, or something very similar here too - go figure, must be the new thing!LOL

Michelle Ramsay said...

I love your material and accessories selection - lovely colours. I am very curious to see what you get to create. Oh, my those face cloths are just too cute and a great idea for stocking fillers - where did you get them?

Stefanie said...

I love the stash you got, esp the pink beaded ribbon...so much eye candy.
Those face clothes are divine...is it a local shop or country wide, am thinking they'd make great teacher appreciation gifts too.

tania said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tania said...

sorry, mistyped a bit here. .
these are sooo cute helen, i hope i can find something as nice as this. ok, tell us now,where do we find those super cutie thingies??

Desire Fourie said...

Just a quick hello to let you know that I have got something for you here over at DOING LIFE
Hugs
Desire
PS: Oh wow all those yummy textures and colours ... I can just imagine that you are in creative heaven right now.

Penny said...

oooh, you DID find nice stuff!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Looks like you raided your local haberdashery...what cool stuff you got...I want some:)

Ella Swan said...

Sure the facecloths are imported so they are probably available in NZ Heidi! I am just as curious to see what we get to create with that lot - I had to buy a quarter metre of each so I need to use it on more than one layout I'm sure. I got it all at Waste Centre at the Crescent & found the facecloths there too would you believe?! They were R40 each(about USD$5)which is cheap as chips for here...Not sure if Waste Centre is in other provinces - it is a big fabric/trims warehouse ;-D

iris said...

Helen you have quite a stash!! I think we can maybe do the entire classes layouts with your stash alone! :) Now if only we lived near each other I would be more than happy to be dragged by you to those neat places where you find your stuff! :) BTW the class is live already. I'm ahead by almost a day because of the time difference. See you there sweetie!

Sandra said...

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Most importantly - ENJOY yourself!