Sunday 14 November 2010

Young & Beautiful {Sketch Inspirations #149 & Colour Combos Galore #166}







 
 I combined the latest sketch #149 at Sketch Inspirations with Colour Challenge #166 @ Colour Combos Galore,  due in on Wednesday, so still time to play if you like!
 
I thought the colourscheme was a bit wishy washy so I concentrated on the prompt {the Designer's Challenge} to be inspired to use lots of texture.  I misted, splattered, stamped in 3 colours, taped, stapled & inked away to my heart's content!

White cardstock - Bazzill Avalanche.  Maya Mist - Patina  Tattered Angels - Sunflower, Prima text stamp, frame stamp & flowers, bubblewrap, Making Memories paint - Daiquire, Gesso - Paper Plus, aerosol lid for stamping, doily from supermarket, Pink Paislee Artisan tape, washi tape, Echo Park date & flower stickers, Maya Road mini-envelope, heart sticker - Creative Imaginations "Narratives", Frame - My Mind's Eye, alphas - Webster's Pages,  crochet flower - handmade, ribbon from stash.  Cosmo Cricket Journaling card, Creative Memories dark brown journaling pen, dark brown  & ice-bue Colourbox ink for edging, Colourbox ice-blue, terracotta & yellow for stamping, staples. {16}
I interpreted the sketch to use stamped & misted areas instead of patterned paper, found the perfect journaling card {vintage Cosmo Cricket} & used a doily in place of the circle.  I started with the bubble wrap stamping, using paint, then went on to use inks for stamping & a spritz of yellow before positioning the doily. 

For misting light, quick sprays is the way to success & for splattering remove the lid & shake the uptaker pipe attached to the lid until you get small splatters on your layout.  I use either a pizza-box, or if I'm not misting a lot I just grab a plastic shopping bag to put the paper onto before spraying {have it coming up beyond the layout as the mist always shoots a bit beyond too!}

I've used NO PATTERNED PAPER on this layout at all!  The strips at the side are tape. I mounted the heart sticker onto some clear blue plastic then cut around it.  The envelope is purely decorative & doesn't contain any secret journaling.  I journaled straight onto the photo before printing it.  Journaling reads:-
"Of course I'm sure I must be biased as your mum, but I really think you have a future as a model.  You have a naturally muscular phsique & I'm sure you will grow very tall just like your dad.  You have always been very shy but this year you have really come out of yourself & I'm now thinking you just may have the confidence for it when you are older.  You love English & want to study to be a journalist or become a writer, you love to read & can finish a book in a day, but you may be able to do some ramp or photographic work to supplement your income while you are still YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL" The title is actually the end wording of the journaling but I didn't print "young & beautiful" onto the photo so that I could use alphas instead. 
I'm definitely going to start stamping more.  Have no idea what I'm doing & my stamping is awful so any tips would be much appreciated.  At this stage I don't even have a stamping block & am using a perspex Ferrero Rocher chocolate box lid to lay the clear stamps on to - not ideal...  HAPPY SUNDAY PEEPS!!

10 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful work Helen, I really love this color palette, and I think you are the master of colors, you are just good at any colors! That little envelope is a lovely addition, and what a beautiful sweetie you have!

tania said...

I just LOVE the way how you focused your whole layout on your princess, the colours are brilliant and all the details perfect:)
Enjoy your Sunday:)

Bernadine said...

Love the layout Helen. I am just the reverse - I have all the stamps and blocks I need - I am just to intimidated to use them as I don't really know what I am doing. Have a fantastic week.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Your layout is amazing...no printed paper! I would have lost the plot just there. You did incredibly well with your misting and stamping. She is young and beautiful and you have every right to be very proud of her.

Gloria said...

WOW Helen, this is just stunning! It´s definitely one of the best layouts I´ve ever seen (IMO)! The design is perfect, the picture is amazing and your journaling, ohh that is the best part! And no patterned paper? gosh, I wouldn´t have noticed it if you hadn´t mentioned it, incredible...great job! Your girl will adore this page in the future!

Ella Swan said...

Wow thanks girls! I have to say I reaqlly enjoyed this one...didn't think I was really the painting/stamping girl but I love the effect so think I will have to try it more often. I have enough pp to open my own store but this sure is a budget way of scrapping too if I ever run out...like...very unlikely lol!

jessica_haley555 said...

Wow! This page turned out so great. There are so many awesome details and they work so well together.

Jessy Christopher said...

You did really a FAB job without patterned paper!! How awesome! There are so much to see & the details are lovely. Love the splatters & stamping, great addition to the layout ;)

Pearl said...

that background work is just awesome ,grrl! way to go !!!

LG said...

oh my goodness this is stunning! Love all the misting and your design interpretation of the sketch