Tuesday 15 February 2011

Just Me...

Hi All!  Still here...First time online in 11 days & yes it was a killer!!  Nothing I could do about it though as I don't own a laptop & in any case it wouldn't have come in too handy where I have been as there was rarely a wi-fi hotspot in sight!  I have been travelling, firstly to get my daughter settled into university in another province & then again to Gaborone, Botswana, for a 70th birthday party!  So I have nothing to offer you - Just me!!

Naturally I am feeling a little overwhelmed with all the catching up I need to do but will be back here bright & early tomorrow morning to start downloading all my photography PDF lessons, burning the bandwidth, and hopefully getting some time in between it all to pop in to visit you all & leave you some love.  This year has been nothing short of an assault.  It has just swept me along & I haven't had a chance to get much done beyond what has HAD to be done - but that has been a lot - and it has all gone smoothly - so that means that 2011 has to date been a great success.

I have just spent a couple of hours fulfilling my responsibilities here so why not pop in & join up?!  I am on birthday duty there this week, wishing everyone, setting the "Get to Know you" Mondays thread & the Question of the Day all week...I have also had a great response to my ABC's of Me Challenge C that you can take a look at (or still participate in) in the forums.  It is surreal to have one less child living at home right now but I am so grateful for technology as keeping in touch is a synch these days.

The only creative venture I have put my hand to these last 10 days I forgot to photograph!  So crazy have the days been!!  I made a photo collage as our 70th birthday gift & it turned out beautifully.  Oh dear - I was pretty exhausted by this weekend past & had to put on my dancing shoes on Saturday night so please forgive me ;(  I do have some photos to share though.  They are all of the birthday party in Botswana.  The time away at  University was too hectic to carry around my DSLR but I did take a number of Blackberry {= awful} photos that I may upload here if any turn out to be post-worthy...


She loved geting dressed up & all grown up for one night.
To be honest no-one was the least bit interested in being photographed so it was a bit of a challenge!

That really is the background terrain...Botswana is unbelievably FLAT!
She loves having a trendy granny with purple highlights!

13 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Grandma and Grandkids are cute as can be!!!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

How cute are those photos! WOW!!! Hoping you can get some awesome scrapping soon! Take care :o)

Pearl said...

I'm glad you've been constructively busy !!!
Not me - been down with the 'flu for 5 weeks now ! grrr !
I dont think I know of a trendy Grammy with purple highlights yet ! sounds like a fab 70th party !!

Bernadine said...

So glad to have you back. I hope you get to take out your camera when you visit Chelsea again as their are beautiful old buildings ito photograph.

Hayley said...

Oh wow, you have been busy....and travelling...lucky you!

Love the pics!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! The first one is adorable!
And you've been travelling, that's great, I love travelling too, although I've never been to Africa (yet).

Shayne said...

Gosh, how grown up does Cami look?

Stuunign pic of her.

xx

Diana said...

The purple highlights are to die for! Great photos Helen.

Lynette Jacobs said...

It is good to catch up on what you have been up to. Cami is stunning...your DH will have to invest in a shotgun soon to keep the boys at bay.

xx

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous photos!! I love the first one, she's adorable!! You're girl is Beautiful!! and the granny looks super cool with the purple highlights! Take Care my friend!!
HUGS!!!

Sonya said...

Hi there, Your photos are wonderful! Your dear daughter is gorgeous, as is Granmar, love those purple streaks.
I bet you are missing your daughter, mine has gone to University in Dunedin (second year) and our youngest son has also just settled into Dunedin, hes at Polytech, I miss them sooo much and they have only been gone since last weekend, and they are only two hours drive away.
Thankyou for the lovely comments you left on 'Birds of A Feather'for me. Sending hugs :-)

Ella Swan said...

Thanks girls :) It's good to be back...good news, I scrapped up a storm yesterday so lots of blog fodder now (it was so easy after being away from it for a couple of weeks I just couldn't stop!)Yes Bernie it was indeed beautiful but sadly I was in orientation meetings all day so couldn't carry my DSLR around (not to mention that it was 38degrees!!!) Granny is a dean at the uni in Botswana & her students think she's ultra hip! Sonya I feel for you - but what can we do - we have to let them fly - am loving the relationship with my daughter minus the day to day irritations so that's a positive!

Mel said...

Oh wow, I am so glad you are back dear friend, I thought it may have been your photography course, I am so proud of your gorgeous Granny, so hip and those highlights stunning. Glad you have a good relationship with your daughter, I hope to be able to maintain one with Nate too. Your little one is just stunning in the photo with her all dressed up and in the first post you mentioned whether we though it would be a good idea to put you stash in kits and sell them, I think that is a fantastic idea. I just wish postage wasn't so dear or I would be in with a shot. Love you, Melxx