Saturday 23 April 2011

My April RAK is up {but you have to play along at Scrapbook Challenges to win!}

Easter Saturday here - 11.30ish in the morning & I have to leave my computer now & go & get myself ready to visit a bloggy pal who is holidaying here - woo hoo - that should be fun hey?!  Will be my 3rd bloggy IRL meeting - not bad I suppose - one a year!!  So I am just popping in her quickly to show you my challenge NATURE IN ALL HER SPLENDOUR that I have just put up at Scrapbook Challenges.

I would LOVE for you to join in so here is the link DIRECTLY TO MY CHALLENGE IN THE FORUM too.

And, just so I have a record of it here too...I have cut & pasted & screensaved it for you to see & hopefully be inspired to play along with me there...

My forum entry reads:-

Helen here wishing you all a Happy Easter & bringing you a great challenge to keep you busy & "thinking green" this Easter weekend/Earth day.  As we all know, scrapbooking uses paper, which inevitably means chopping down trees, so we can give our little bit back by taking it easy & sometimes just using CRAFT PAPER.  Yes, you can buy craft cardstock but I challenge you to use craft cardstock that YOU HAVE NOT BOUGHT!  I have to order most of my stash online because getting hold of new stash in South Africa is a challenge - & I always request that the paper is braced in "strong cardboard" on either side to stop it from getting bent..so...I KEEP THESE 2 SHEETS and always make sure to use them before ordering my next lot of papers...makes me feel like I'm doing something worthwhile for the environment at least!


 I used a Creative Scrappers sketch - no 151 - which you can find here - you have until the end of the month to play along there too...


I am closing this challenge on SUNDAY 30 APRIL 12pm EST - so you have until the end of the month!

Happy Creating!

MORE CLOSE-UPS OF THE RAK

{This is my RAK for April so if you want a chance of winning it you need to please join Scrapbook Challenges {becoming a follower of my blog would be a nice gesture too!} and post your entry directly in the challenge thread ASWELL AS in the gallery AND remember to tag it correctly - NATURE IN ALL HER SPLENDOUR challenge.



What you see is what you get - beautiful handmade crochet blooms - wish I could say by me but actually crocheted by some Zimbabwean refugees for me, which I did as a way to help them earn some money here.



Spot the Studio Calico STAMP in there - the circular woodgrain one - just received it in my latest kit but don't like it so am happy to give it away..I have a funny story about those twill-tape flowers too - my son Jack made those for me because he wanted to earn some extra money - so I paid him R10 :) :) :) so funny...he's now earned R35 off me for various odd-jobs as he is DESPERATE for a Blackberry & there is no hope of him getting one otherwise!  He got a Christmas/Birthday present rolled into one because it was a bit costly, so there isn't even hope of him getting one for Christmas LOL!





And the twine & Cosmo stickers are also BRAND NEW from my latest Studio Calico kit...call me fussy but I just can't use stuff I don't like...I could force myself but I've decided life's too short for that :)

So...what do you think of my challenge?  Will you play??

Was fun to get that layout done & just shows you that, much as we all love the new stuff, you can still create with "not much" & it can end up looking just fine...









9 comments:

LG said...

What a great challenge Helen! I adore your layout so much! Everything is beautifully combined together (the misting, layering, embellishments).

Debbi Tehrani said...

What a gorgeous photo and page, Helen. Fantastic job with the sketch. Love all your details and fabulous layers!

Jolanda said...

Wow,that L/O is just Stunning!!!and what a beautiful RAK!!
Have a very happy Easter!!!
xx

Pearl said...

woohoo ! i spy cheesecloth in the mix there ! love the artsiness here ! ;)

Bente Fagerberg said...

You sure showed us that YOU can create with "not much stuff". Amazing layout my friend, and so touching.I can really understand how you must feel with her away....
I hear what you say about eco-scrapping and I so agree. I also try to use the paper that comes with the parcels. On my Trendsetter layout I did just that. -Looked just like a craft paper!
How fun to meet IRL...When are you coming to Sweden...LOL!!
Take care Helen! Wonderful RAK by the way!

Marelize said...

What an gorgeous layout Helen! Love everything about it!!
Hope your are having a wonderful Easter. :)

FiKenward said...

Great layout Helen and the photo is adorable. Thought I would give it a go, I love these product use challenges.

Yolande (pronounced you-land-a) said...

Ooohhh....soooo excited about your challenge! What a fabulous challenge Helen, and a superb RAK! In my excitement last night, I started my layout immediately after reading this, and for some reason, I thought that we needed to follow take inspiration from the sketch too... (blush). I have almost finished my layout, and then tonight I went onto the forum, and realized that the sketch wasn't a requirement...opp's. I haven't attached anything yet, so I will try to alter the design, and see what I can do. :) Have included all the items on your list though...and have had so much fun doing it. Really, this is an awesome challenge!!

FiKenward said...

OMG I think uploading it was the hardest challenge, but I have done it....lol