Friday 3 June 2011

Laid-back Girl Layout (The Colour Room/Pixie Dust Paperie Sketch)






***Short & sweet mid-week post - pre-scheduling on Thurday night for Friday morning***


This week's entry for The Colour Room here.

Using the May sketch at Pixie Dust Paperie (still open for a couple of days).



I found the colour palette very challenging & difficult to match up to any of my stash but ultimately I was delighted with the way it turned out, which is what I love about these colour challenges!



I used Webster's netting to make a little hand-made flower with a rose-centre!



I love the tone-on-tone Thickers against the Emma's Shoppe background paper.



Finally I got to use these lovely Notion Flowers from Studio Calico.



I had fun layering up a few bits & pieces above the photographs, namely Emma's Shoppe chipboard, Journal card, pleated punch strip (left over from my last layout!) & cut-out doilies from my Restoration papers.



I distressed the photo mat & layered it on top of some more netting.



Lovely Thickers from my latest Studio Calico kit.



Rose brad from Dear Lizzy Enchanted line.


Supplies:-


Printed paper - Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe "Books"
Crate paper - Restoration - Doilies (& reverse side)
Border Stickers & fussy-cut doilies - Crate Paper "Restoration"
Metal rose brad - Dear Lizzy for American Crafts - Enchanted
Netting - Webster's Pages - Vintage Inspired Netting
Alphas - ABC Stickers - Lily Bee Design
Thickers alphas - American Crafts "Doll"
Chipboard stickers, Journaling card - Crate Paper "Emma's Shoppe"
Tissue flowrs - Studio Calico Notions
Punched & pleated strip - EK Success punch
Raffia (taken off soap-packaging)

HAPPY WEEKEND PEOPLE!  I will be back tomorrow with some CARDS - yes, you read correctly!  I made 2 cards yesterday!!  And a link to another great give-away!  Remember to comment on my previous post for my giveaway too :)

23 comments:

Kerryn said...

ohhhhhh this is just gorgeous!!!

sandi said...

Wow! This is absolutely beautiful! I love, love, love the entire mix and placement! You used such neat stuff and pulled it all together so well!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooooo BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos and those flowers! WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

yyam said...

Just stunning Helen! Love how you played with the hues. As always, love your attention to details!

Happy Friday!

Jolanda said...

wow,wow,wow,this is so beautiful!!GREAT page Helen,the pics and colors are amazing!!
Have a happy day my scrappy friend!
x

Stefanie said...

Stunning. Love the soft muted tones and the gentle colour palette. Sweetly feminine as usual too.

Kiki Aposeki said...

Just Beautiful!!! I love it!!! you have a sweet day, kisses!

Pearl said...

I love seeing the details of this layout in the close ups ! Great sketch you've used too !

Jasmine S said...

The photos are just stunning of DD and the colors are perfect for this combo. And I agree, I love your close ups to see all of your beautiful details.

Bente Fagerberg said...

Great layout in your beautiful trademark style.
It is such a treat to read your posts as they alwasys have a lot of interesting detailed information. I really appreciate that!
...-And Helen,.. about the cards,..Are you sure you have not got a fever..? LOL!... :-D

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

OH this is so pretty Helen, love the soft tone and your little girls is so pretty! Lots of interesting details too, thanks for playing along with Pixie!

Diana said...

Gorgeous gorgeous.
You are hitting sixes one after the other!

Alison said...

Love the net flowers Helen..a beautiful LO!
Alison xx

Yolande (pronounced you-land-a) said...

Oh Helen...totally gorgeous! I love the soft natural colours, all your feminine touches, that beautiful photo...love the rose on the net and those gorgeous tissue paper flowers...so much to love.
Have an absolutely fabulous weekend! :)

Lisa Amiet said...

This is so beautiful Helen, such stunning pics and love the colours!!

Unknown said...

Another beautiful page Helen!!! I love the muted colors..Love the handmade flower. Hugs, Marivic

Eila Sandberg said...

Yohoo sweetie, missed you too! so looking forward to catching up with your blog :)) My goodness Helen, I L-O-V-E this page! cannot believe you found the palette difficult, you pulled everything together so amazingly well! but that shouldn't surprise me at all, that's what you do so incredibly well - always! I adore the colours, so soft so dreamy and so so utterly gorgeous! The photos are just stunning *sigh* - mummy behind the lense? xoxoxox

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

wowweeeee!!! u worked that colour pallete to the 'T' gurl!!! it's B E A U T I F U L!!! I love wat u did with the netting material flower! so pretty!! :) lovely pics of your gurl too ;)

Hannie C said...

wow.. such a wonder page with lots of details!

Mel said...

Helen this is simply gorgeous, I love what you did with the subtle colours of the Emma's Shop range. gorgeous notion flowers and love love what you did with the netting, those thickers look gorgeous too, how beautiful is your girl. Melxx

Nadhrah Maidin said...

hi dear...thank you for your lovely comments in my blog. Great take on the palette...its really beautiful and stunning. lurrrvvv your net handmade flowers!

Unknown said...

wowsers so stunning in everyway thanks for sharing!!

and have a very wonderful week hugs carla

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

This is a wonderful, lovely photo, Helen!! Loving that little rose brad!