Thursday 13 October 2011

Bird is the Word Together Challenge & Layout Share






So Sunday saw a new challenge starting up again at one of my favourite sites - BIRD IS THE WORD!
The word on the streets this fortnight is TOGETHER - easy right?!


Can you see my title "Together" - on the photo? 
 It's a white rub-on & is quite clear in person but not so bright in this photo.


I used the gorgeous new Pink Paislee "Vintage Vogue" papers again for this one - 
with some spritzing with my new TA mist - Chalkboard - "Mauve" lous - over a Basic Grey lace paper.


I used the Vintage Vogue chipboard but added to it with some flowers (Prima & other) as well as that 
TO DIE FOR Melissa Frances plaster scroll {above}.


I got the pink roses at my local craft shop - already bunched together in a little sprig - they are sooo pretty!


I saved those 2 pussy-willow tufts from a little dried-flower bouquet that had seen better days & was heading for the bin.  (Sure Yvonne from "Do more with Less" will be impressed LOL)


I try, on every layout, to incorporate the date in somewhere, as it's so easy to forget & have to "guess" years later...


Gorgeous Martha Stewart Vine punch!

So head on down to Bird is the Word & get your challenge entry in.  
A WHOLE TIDBITZ IN TIME KIT IS UP FOR GRABS EEEEEVERY FORTNIGHT!!

And you still have 12 days or so to get your YOU & ME {or Me & You!} entries in too :)

Supplies List for Together Layout

Backing Paper - Pink Paislee Vintage Vogue "Corner" (flip-side)
Other papers - PP VV Tailored Suit  & Dress Shop
Genuine Beauty label - Pink Paislee Vintage Vogue Ephemera
Crochet Lace - Pink Paislee Vintage Vogue Ribbon Trims
Flag - Pink Paislee Daily Junque 
Mask - Basic Grey lace paper
Mist - Tattered Angels - Chalkboard "Mauve"less
Ink - Versa Color Purple
Roses, Holly leaf & pussy-willow tufts - LCS & stash
Flowers - Prima
Bling - stash
Chipboard Pops - PP VV
Plaster Scroll - Melissa Frances
Punch - Martha Stewart Crafts - Vine





18 comments:

Alanna said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Helen!

Jasmine S said...

What a gorgeous family shot. Again, how do you get them to all pose?? Maybe it will come with age. At the moment there is always a tongue out or some bunny ears going on. I try for the silly photo first, then the serious photo.....still doesn't work....lol.
Great misting and love that punched border.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that photo, the masking and all those beautiful flowers! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Sandy Ang said...

Totally lovely ! Your photos are always so wonderful

Bellaidea said...

Lovely family photo!
I think I don`t have many off those...
Sad.Time to fix it :)
Very nice flowers and I also love your punch.
I did my YOU&ME LO and TOGETHER too,
best regards from very wet spot this morning :)

sandi said...

Wow Helen this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Love everything and that pic is fabulous! I didn't see the 'together' at first untill I read what you wrote...I thought it was part of the design...all beautifully done! Wow!

scrapbookertink said...

Hi Helen, such a gorgeous family picture and layout, hope you are well, not so good over at CCG at the moment, hoping it doesn't disappear, take care, Doreen x

Jess said...

gorgeous layout...such a beautiful family!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Another beautiful layout Helen...you are spectacular together as a family;-)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Gorgeous layout, and i love the family portrait too, wonderful!!!!

Alison said...

Fab family photo...and LO!
Alison xx

Mitralee said...

I loved this when I spotted it on Bird is the Word. The colors just POP!!! Amazing. I want a page just like it!

Leonie said...

What a gorgeous layout Helen, super photo of your family and I love the bright papers and embellies you've added to it. :)

brigitte said...

stunning!

Kerryn said...

Another gorgeous page using this collection! Such a gorgeous family photo too :).

Heather Jacob said...

S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G.!!!!!! ABSOLUTELY STUNNING !!!!! what a beautiful photo ... hugz x

Eila Sandberg said...

AMAZING colours Helen!! gorgeous is the word yes ma'm! love seeing your family photos, no question who your kids take after in their looks! xxx

yyam said...

Oh my! This is gorgeous Helen! You have such a beautiful family! I love the layers and textures and that added bits of pussy-willow! *winks*. You have a great eye for yummy details! :)