Friday 28 October 2011

She Laughs Without Fear of the Future...



I have been scrapping away lately but all DT work
that I can't reveal yet so today I'm sharing a
little something I made for a very dear friend
that is in need of some encouragement right now...


 I scrapped in A4 format {8.5 x 11inches} 
for the VERY FIRST TIME!


I saved the image from everyone's favourite
"new" site - Pinterest!

I printed the scripture onto photo paper then 
overlaid it with a Webster's Pages transparency.


 Sprayed some gauze and a couple of doilies with 
glimmer mist and inked up a Tim Holtz Idea-ology tag.


Used a funky cerise Etsy doily that I cut in half 
(it works!  It doesn't fray!?!)
and laid the image on a piece of box cardboard 
that I ripped the top layer off to reveal the 
corrugated central layer, which I inked up.


 Added a Making Memories Vintage Findings clock 
{signifying that everything always gets better in time}.


I aimed to create texture that isn't too bulky for
the album to be used so went with fabric, 
metal and corrugated board.


Used the packaging too (there on the right) and some 
lovely embossed cardstock - very OLD - 
from a Wedding collection :)



I love the Proverb - I live by it in this 
chaotic continent of Africa!  I am now going blog-hopping!!  
My computer (and my new laptop) have both been 
behaving temperamentally with me this week and my 
browsing time has been cut short trying 
{successfully - YAY!} to repair them, so I hope to
catch up with all my bloggy friends soon!

TGIF - Enjoy!!




13 comments:

Mitralee said...

And a good morning to you from NY! This went so well with my first cup of coffee. Low calorie too, even though it looks so sweet! Here is hoping that things bright up for your friend. Love the layers. Very cool!

And may the computers behave themselves today!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love this! I loveeeeeeeeee the verse and loveeeeee that SMILE metal embellie!!! Just GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Nadia Cannizzo said...

I love that verse. I could totally use it right now. Awesome colours and I love that you show the techniques and materials you used. Super cool! Can't wait to see what else you have been working on! Take good care and have a great weekend :o)

Lynette Jacobs said...

This is beautiful and I am sure that your friend will have it framed and it will become the scripture she will live by.

Bellaidea said...

You must be good frind, Helen.
I hope your friend will get better soon.
I need to learn from you how to wait with all thse pages we can not show yet...:)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Pretty, love the colors, love the layering, just love everything!!!!

Alison said...

Lovely verse and a beautiful gift!
Alison xx

topkatnz said...

Just gorgeous:)

Karen said...

This looks beautiful Helen, I am sure that it will lift your friends spirit! Very thoughtful of you!

Jasmine S said...

It is gorgeous Helen. I think it will be just what your friend needs. She will certainly get a surprise when she sees it...
You have worked it beautifully.

Kerryn said...

It's beautiful Helen. I am sure your friend will treasure it.

BTW just checking, did you get my email ok?

have a good one!!

Blossom inch said...

This is so beautiful...

Diana said...

good for you to try a4 lo! I like doing them, more and more:
love the quote