Friday 16 December 2011

Merry Christmas! {a couple of weeks in advance}






***Just popping in to let you know that I won't
be around online & here on the blog as much as
usual during this holiday period, due to other 
commitments, but things should be back to normal 
by mid January so I'll see you then!***
I've been offline the last few days due to a couple
of thefts that have kept us busy with the Police &
insurance companies.

Hubs starts his leave today, so he'll have a few weeks
away from the office & this will give us the chance
to get away here & there & get some work done
around the house when our visitors have left. 

Everything is unpleasantly crazy here in Durban at this
time of the year but no matter how hard I try to plan in
advance each year there are always those inevitable trips
that have to be made to various stores at the last minute.

I vow each year to plan more in advance but I never
manage entirely - with our  "end of years" here being
so busy, being the end of the academic & financial
year too - it's been work,work, work right up until now.

So we just have to brave the crowds & delays & do
our best to get on with what we need to do under the 
circumstances, where carols have been replaced by
the booming voice of a pushy salesperson let loose
with a microphone.   It's a horrid, materialistic
bunfight & I'll be happy to leave it all behind me soon.  

My daughter is home for the holidays too & has been 
doing a bit of gallivanting around the country.  She's off 
again at New Year so I'm savouring every moment with her - 
time is so special now that we share so little of it together. 
 
I'm locking my studio door & spending some time away
from the computer for a little while.  I'm sure I 'll miss out
on some stuff while I'm out of things but we all have to get
off the treadmill every now & again - a break will give my
brain & body a chance to rest & rejuvenate, which is just
what I'm in need of right now. 

So I'm wishing you a Merry Christmas a couple of 
weeks early!  I have pre-scheduled some posts for
reveals that are going live, etc & will be back on
the blog  "for real" some time in January.

Kids go back to school mid January & my daughter
goes back to uni mid Feb, then I'll start rolling
full-steam ahead again.  Meanwhile, I hope you all
try to do the same - take things a bit easier,
step back & enjoy the season!





11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry to hear about the thefts...that makes me sad....


Have a FABULOUS Christmas with you and your family! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Vicky Varvadouka said...

OMG...thefts??? I am sorry Helen! I hope everything will be normal again soon! Merry Christmas!!!
Hugsss!

Marilyn said...

Oh dear, so sorry about the thefts...grrrr! I know how busy is this month but I hope you have a wonderful Christmas season with your family! Take Care....Happy Holidays!!!
A Big Hug!!! :)

Alison said...

Sorry to hear about the thefts Helen....hope things are OK now. Have a much-deserved break and a happy, family Christmas
Love and hugs
Alison xx

Bellaidea said...

Sorry to hear about thefts, well, you consider yourself lucky if YOU are ok...
I wish you and your family all the best for the next couple of weeks, you will relax too, I know.
I will visit you when new post will come but I aslo plan a Big Rest.
Hugs!

yyam said...

Hope you get things sorted out soon!

Merry Christmas and best wishes for the new year! :)

Kerryn said...

Sorry to hear about the thefts and even sorrier that it is something that doesn't take you by surprise.
I hope you and your family enjoy the Christmas period together. Have a wonderful break.
Merry Christmas and here's to an even better 2012 for you :).
x

Heather Jacob said...

oh Helen .. sooooooooooo sorry to hear about the thefts and your troubles ... not good any time especially with xmas so close .. take care xoxox
baden has had a couple of difficult nights .. painful and sleepless...
lets hope today is a better day for him, poor darling ...
have a great Xmas to you and your family from Heather and Baden x

Keshet said...

Hope you have a great rest of the holiday season, and no more thefts Helen!

Lynnda said...

Oh no!!!Sorry to hear about the thefts...that makes me sad....
Have a FABULOUS Christmas with you and your family!..hugs...xoxo

Jessy Christopher said...

Oh sorry to hear what you are going thru! Lots of hugs to you. Hope you will take rest whenever you can :)