Thursday 17 September 2015

God Gave us Cats Layout - Scrap Around The World September 2015 Mood Board






Hello everyone!  The mid-month reveal has recently gone up at Scrap Around The World
for September HERE.  Such a simple & pretty mood board!  Looking at that quote
 made me think about my cats & how they are such great examples to us
 of relaxing & not worrying about anything!



I got digging into all my older stash again for this one & used the colours
 & the textures of the mood board as well as the floral element, 
butcher's twine & the book paper.


I used a broken bulldog clip - in keeping with the work/stationery theme of the board.
Notice that the story I found in the old story book I use for book pages is actually
a story about wanting to be a cat!  That was simply fortuitous that it was the
first page I looked at - now what are the chances of that?!


Staples again are along the work/office/stationery theme of the
 board & do a good job of holding the twine in place too :)


I fussy-cut the cat image out of my old kid's story book too & actually think that said
 kitty looks a lot like my very own cat, Cocoa.  We actually have 4 cats but Cocoa
 is very antisocial so has become "my" cat as she rarely ventures beyond 
the main bedroom & has very little to do with the other cats or the kids.


This layout is very basic for me but I think it conveys the simplicity of the mood 
board well & has an overall relaxed feeling to it that I like.  


The papers are old My Mind's Eye & Glitz Design with some more recent Kaisercraft
 {the wood grain} & the flowers, leaf die & brads are from Prima Marketing.
  The stamp is so old I can't remember where I got it & the twine is from Etsy.


Thank you for your visit today.  I hope you like the new September mood board 
at Scrap Around The World this month & that you feel inspired to join in 
& play along soon!  Remember there are less than 2 weeks to go!!




7 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

I like the colors and the few surprises in this one! EXCELLENT!

chilli pip said...

I think it is a stunning layout , different to your usual style but stunning as well. Love the Miss Tootles piece.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the photos, the book page, the wood grain and the cat!!!!!!!!!

Deena said...

Gorgeous layout Helen, I love the addition of the stamped images and the staples, I have just brought myself a little craft stapler, will have to give it a try at some stage.

Unknown said...

love it Helen!

Kathy Bradley said...

I love that the page you pulled from the book is about kitties - I would say that it was fate for you to create this beautiful page. Cats are amazingly relaxed most of the time and look around wondering what all the to do is about - until it's time to eat. And, OMG - get to the pantry and scream until it's opened and the food is in the bowl! Your page is wonderful, Helen, the photos are adorable and I can certainly see how you followed the mood board. As always, I love this one too! (P.S. sorry about rambling)

Mitralee said...

Love love love that mood board and the baker's twine you used. Love that little pink rose bling you used too! Super cool subject, I too own a cat the very same way. He sleeps under this huge cabinet during the day and at night stomps around...he's a delight to pet though all that soft long hair! That book page under your photos is brilliant!